Competing in business requires a lot of skills, but if you know how to dress well for a business meeting you can (most probably) seal a deal. How you dress is critical because it is somehow related to the level of professionalism you posses.
Suppose you work for a shoe retailer and you are representing your company wearing the shoes manufactured by your company then you can build trust within the community but a wrong selection can work just opposite. Moreover in a meeting people want you to be remembered for your business etiquette and sense not for your high heels or see through dress. Dressing to show off can hurt your professional image so selection of right attire is very crucial.
So How To Dress Like A Pro?
Here are the points you should keep in mind:
1. Wear tailored clothing as it always looks better. Few high quality outfits should be the part of your wardrobe for such kinds of small business meet ups.
2. Conservative colors will remain the standard choice always for both the genders. You can choose black but remember it’s not a cocktail party.
3. Avoiding patterns is essential. You are not there to make a personal statement instead that is all about your business so ignore wide strips for meetings.
4. Tailored pants are fine with a crease. Try to avoid synthetic fabrics. Make sure your pants are as wrinkle free as possible. Stay away from the pants that are too tight.
5. If you are opting for a skirt keep in mind that color and length are crucial here.
6. When it comes to choosing the shoes then I will say fold up shoes should be your first choice. Avoid high heels or the shoes with too much height. It is important to choose the shoes that are comfortable. Shoe color should complement your outfit.
If you are still uncertain about the selection of outfit, go with standard business attire. Always remember that your attire speaks a lot about your personal values.